27 years of teaching excellence For several years, West Island Karate Club has been bringing the community the very best in martial arts instruction. Our instructors are personally selected for not only their skill and achievement in martial arts but also for the their ability to effectively relate that knowledge and understanding to students of all age levels and background. Therefore, our instructors continuously undergo advanced training in all self defense skills, and each and everyone keeps abrest of the latest teaching techniques.
With you in mind In our school we are not only interested in fighting skills but in the development of each person as a whole. As a famous teacher once said ‘these are the tools of everyday life, what you learn in here, you can apply elsewhere… Nowhere is this more important that in our children’s classes where we realize that we must embody the very same principles that you as parents are trying to instill in your children.
A modern approach to self defense Although our techniques are based on century old knowledge, it is our application of that knowledge that sets our school apart. We realize that each of you possess different natural abilities; size and strength will vary from person to person, etc. That is why once you have acquired a strong foundation and ability in the basics, our program is individualized to match your physical capabilities in order to maximize your self defense skills. Should the need ever arise you will possess a firm understanding of exactly what it takes to both mentally and physically defend yourself or your loved ones.
- Improved reflexes and coordination
- Increased energy level
- Impoved appearance and muscle tone
- Increased strength and stamina
- Better balance and body awareness
- Improved flexibilityl
- Weight loss and control
- Better health and longevity
- Improved self-image and self-esteem
- Increased self-confidence and positive attitude
- Greater self-discipline and a “can do” attitude
- Improved concentration, work and study habits
- Stress reduction and increased levels of relaxation
- The knowledge that you are able to protect yourself and your loved ones should a life threatening situation arise